Sophie Tabak, LMT
Sophie is a licensed massage therapist in New Jersey. She graduated at the top of her class from the Therapeutic Massage & Training Center in Westfield, NJ, and maintains strong working relationships with her mentors. Sophie has a strong interest in myofascial release, proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation, and reciprocal inhibition. She uses these modalities, among others, to customize each session.
Additionally, Sophie offers private and small group Pilates Mat classes. Whether you are just looking to increase overall strength or you are recovering from injury, Sophie tailors each session for the individual. She keeps her class size small (no more than 4 students) so each person gets the individual attention as well. Sophie uses her training in bodywork and brain health to inform her work with clients, giving the client a well-rounded session each time to achieve individual goals.
Sophie has a master level certification in Neural Reset Therapy (NRT), the first certified NRT therapist in the state of NJ. She is currently undergoing training with Z-Health Performance Solutions, a revolutionary brain based approach to movement.
Sophie believes that each body has the ability to heal itself if given the proper tools. Having a background in psychology and customer service, she thinks effective communication, respect, and client education are key components to developing a solid working relationship with each client.
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology with Honors, Thomas Edison State College, Trenton, NJ
- Graduated with Honors, Therapeutic Massage & Training Center, Westfield, NJ
- Kane School of Core Integration, Pilates Training
- Z-Health Performance Solutions, R-Phase
- Currently licensed by the New Jersey Board of Massage and Bodywork Therapy
- Memberships & Associations:
- Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals